Now, don’t let my fancy name (well at least i think its fancy!) fool you- this recipe is SUPER fast and easy. I feel like Sandra Lee in this post because I’m using some store-bought items and putting them together to make it taste like something gourmet! Don’t get me wrong, I think she’s awesome and very practical for today’ families, but I usually like to get creative and fresh with my food. Well, tonight I was kinda lazy, and I know everyone can have a lazy night so this side-dish/appetizer recipe is just for you! It’s packed with basil, garlic and chili. Crisp yet gooey with cheese and fun to eat! This is definitely something you can whip up for unexpected guests or as a quick snack even! So here’s my take on Artisan Garlic Bread Recipe.
Garlic Bread Recipe:
- 1 can pizza crust (I use Pillsbury)
- 3-4 tbsp basil pesto (fresh or store-bought is fine!)
- 2 tbsp red crushed pepper (or to taste, but don’t be a wuss!)
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella (I use Sargento)
- 3-4 tbsp parmigiana (I use Sargento)
- fresh basil leaves (optional)
- PAM olive oil flavor
Preheat oven 425 degrees
1. Spray a round or rectangular baking sheet with PAM and open pizza crust. Spread onto baking sheet, making sure to unfold every corner.
2. Spread pesto all over the crust, making sure to cover every inch. You want that robust pesto flavor in EVERY bite!
3. Sprinkle red crushed pepper and top with cheeses, making sure to spread to every corner.
4. Bake until crispy and golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut into small rectangles and serve with a side of pesto or marinara!