Today I stumbled upon a delicious farmer’s market in midtown Manhattan. There were tables full of fresh fruits and vegetables, and it looked so good that I couldn’t resist. I decided to pick up a few things – some fresh tomatoes, baby heirlooms, white plums, peaches, cucumbers, etc. I was in a veggie heaven!! As soon as I got home, I couldn’t wait any longer to try this delicious fresh produce.
I had some fresh baby arugula at home and I knew I just had to combine the juicy baby heirloom tomatoes with the plums. Ingredients as fresh as these don’t require much work. So I put together a simple and delicious recipe for a fresh autumn salad that you can pretty much make with the ingredients already in your pantry!
Baby Heirloom Tomato & White Plum Arugula Salad with a Whole Grain Mustard Vinaigrette:
- 1 bag fresh baby arugula – washed and dried
- 3/4 baby heirloom tomatoes – halved
- 2 white plums – thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp grated parmagiano cheese
Whole Grain Mustard Vinaigrette:
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp red crushed pepper
- sprinkle of coarse black pepper
- 1 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 extra virgin olive oil
1. In a small bowl mix together all of the vinaigrette ingredients, except for the olive oil. Once blended well and continuing to whisk, drizzle in the olive oil until emulsified.
2. In a large bowl toss together the arugula, tomatoes, plums and cheese. Drizzle a couple of tablespoons of the dressing and lightly toss until everything is coated. Serve on a long and shallow plate. Enjoy!
Like what you see? Try these other Delicious Recipes!