Want some eggs? Want to make them fast but not skimp out on the flavor? Check it (this serves 1 person):
Creamy Egg Scramble:
- 3-4 jumbo egg whites
- 1/2 small red onion – chopped
- 1 jalapeno – chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- black pepper
- pinch of ground cumin
- 2-3 tbsp reduced fat shredded Mexican blend cheese
- PAM Original Flavor
Cilantro-Mint Pico de Gallo:
- handful of cherry tomatoes – quartered
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro – chopped
- couple leaves mint – chopped
- lime juice from 1/8 of a lime
- black pepper
- 2 tbsp reduced fat sour cream
- 1 tsp fat free half & half
- 1 tsp no salt added taco seasoning
1. In small bowl mix together all pico de gallo ingredients and set aside. In another small bowl, mix together all crema ingredients and set aside. Crema should be almost a thick and liquidy consistency. Add more half & half if necessary.
2. In a small non-stick skillet, spray with PAM and set over medium flame. Add in the onions and jalapenos. While their sauteing, whisk together the egg whites and all seasonings. After about 4-5 minutes the onion mixture should be slightly browned. turn the heat to low, and pour in the egg mixture. Flame should be on low while slowly cooking this. Gently mix together to create a soft scramble. When the eggs begin to fully cook through, sprinkle in the cheese and mix to incorporate. Before placing on the serving dish, mix in chopped cilantro.
3. Drizzle with crema and top with pico de gallo.
Breakfast! Lunch! Snack! Dinner!