Yesterday September 23rd, 2012 marks the 2nd year since I’ve started Chef Priyanka- already!! I feel old. But over these past 2 years I’ve generated more than 120 recipes- pretty crazy huh? I wish I had time to create more and cook more, but I make do with the time I have! So I would like to take this time to say: HAPPY 2ND ANNIVERSARY to Chef Priyanka! YAY!
(Click on the yummy picture to go straight to the recipe!)
I’ve been experimenting and cooking with Quinoa more and more recently. It’s super filling, healthy and high in protein. I also find it easier to cook than rice and I like the flavor better. I’ve made a few version so far, but I wanted to share this recipe with you. It’s super easy and great for a weeknight meal. It pairs really well with an Italian/Mediterranean entree or tofu or is even great on its own (that’s how I ate it).
Rosemary, Potato and Red Onion Quinoa:
- 1 cup white quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 potato- peeled and diced
- 1/2 red onion-diced
- 2 cloves garlic-minced
- 2 serrano chilies- minced
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh rosemary (or 1 tbsp dried rosemary)- chopped
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- coarse black pepper
1. In a medium pot over medium flame pour oil and add onions, garlic, potatoes and chilies. Saute for a few minutes until onions are translucent. Add rosemary, salt and pepper. Saute until fragrant and onions are slightly caramelized.
2. Add in the 2 cups of water, cover and bring to a boil. Then stir in quinoa, cover and bring to a boil. Once its come to a boil reduce to a simmer, keep covered and cook for about 15 minutes until all the water is absorbed and the quinoa is cooked and fluffy.
3. Fluff up with a fork and taste for salt. Place on a large serving plate and top with fresh/dried rosemary sprigs.