Add ginger to any vegetable and/or paneer (Indian cheese) marinade for an authentic Indian BBQ taste. For a spicy indian veg kabob I use:
- 2-3 tbsp ginger– best if taken from the freezer and shredded on a microplane grater
- 4 cloves garlic- finely chopped
- 5-6 dried cayenne chilies- I like things spicy!
- 1 bunch coriander– roughly chopped half for marinade, half for garnishing
- chili powder- to taste
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric- for a brilliant yellow color!
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- salt- to taste
- black pepper- to taste
- 2 cups yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
Combine everything in a bowl, add the vegetables and paneer and marinate in the fridge for a 2-4 hours before grilling! Top with remaining chopped coriander before serving.. yummy!
Have an issue with using ginger? Here are some TIPS!