I LOVE guacamole (without raw onions of course), but I like it a bit spicier than regular guac. Check out this recipe- I’m sure it’ll be a favorite amongst your Mexican cuisine! It’s great on top of tacos, enchiladas or by itself with tortilla chips!
Here’s my simple and spicy recipe for Guacamole:
- 3 ripe avocados (if it is soft to touch, then it is ready to use!)
- 1 handful of cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 beefsteak or 1 roma tomato finely chopped
- 2 jalapenos (don’t be a wuss put seeds and all!)
- lemon/lime juice from half the lemon/lime
- kosher salt
- crushed black pepper
- 1/2 finely chopped onion (for onion lovers, I personally dislike the taste of raw onions)
- 2 tbsp Queso Fresco Blanco– crumbled (garnishing)
Cut the avocado in half, making sure to cut around the pit, being careful with your hand. Twist open, and using the edge of your knife cut into the pit and twist it out. Spoon the avocado meat into a bowl. Add all of the ingredients, and mix with a spoon, or motar and pestel. I like my guacamole chunky, but you can leave it as smooth or chunky as you like. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with reduced-fat tortilla chips or my favorite- soft corn tortillas heated on the stove top. Ole!
PS- I topped mine with a little Queso Fresco Blanco, but it’s totally optional!