What’s all the rage about these toasts?! They’re popping up in every restaurant, on every blog, on every instagram account. Ok, I’ll tell you what the rage is. They’re much easier to eat than a regular sandwich, healthy, and have endless possibilities! I had a three-day weekend (thank you Presidents!), so I decided to make myself a little ricotta toast! Serves 1!
Rosemary-Garlic Ricotta Toast:
- 1 slice multigrain bread – toasted
- 3-4 tbsp part-skim fresh ricotta
- 1 thick slice beefsteak tomato – sliced in half
- 2 slices green pepper
- 1/2 jalapeño – cut into thin slices
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 clove garlic thinly sliced
- crushed fresh black pepper
- PAM Original spray
1. Toast bread and set aside. In a non-stick skillet spray with PAM and set over medium flame. Add in garlic, pepper, jalapeño and rosemary. Saute for about 5 min until garlic and slightly golden and veggie mixture is fragrant. Remove from flame.
2. Evenly spread the ricotta on the bread. Sprinkle with a little salt and fresh black pepper. Layer on the tomato and sauteed veggie mix. Sprinkle with a little salt and fresh black pepper. Eat!