Ok so I know I’m a bit late to the game with spiralizing, BUT that doesn’t mean I can’t get INTO the game now! My mom bought be a petite spiralizer for our Hindu Christmas (haha), so I was super excited to start experimenting. Basically, you can spiralize any root vegetable or vegetable that has sturdy interior, ie, zucchini, squash, potatoes, beets, carrots, etc! I wanted to try sweet potato for my first recipe – they’re super rich in nutrients and I love the color – yes, I’m superficial and a sucker for things that look pretty. That ain’t a bad thing! As you guys know, I am a Lumi Juice partner, so I received another delicious shipment of 100% juice and I tried the Lumi Gold Rush shot for the first time! A turmeric based juice shot that’s high in omega-2’s, and now that white people have discovered the powers of turmeric they’re putting it in everything, haha!
With all of that in mine, I came up with a super healthy, easy, and RAW Snoodle Dish! You probably have all these ingredients at home, but if you don’t I provide some ideas for substitutes. Check it out
- 2 sweet potatoes – spiralized
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes – quartered
- 1 avocado – diced into chunks
- 2 tsp sesame seeds – toasted
- lemon wedges – for garnishing
Turmeric Tahini Dressing:
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 1 Lumi Gold Shot Juice – substitute 1 tsp turmeric powder, splash lemon juice, pinch of cayenne and water if you don’t have this
- ~3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 dried red chili
- 1/8 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 black peppercorns
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp light agave
- 1/4 cup water
1. Blend the dressing ingredients together until super smooth and creamy. Adjust the amount of water for desired consistency. I liked it creamy and similar to the texture of ranch dressing. Taste and adjust for salt if necessary.
2. Toss just the snoodles with the dressing until completely coated – I would pour about half the dressing in first and then adjust. You don’t want to have overdressed snoodles! Then add in the tomatoes, avocado and toasted sesame. Lightly toss. Serve in individual bowls/plates with a lemon wedge and top with more toasted sesame. Enjoy!!