Got some salsa but don’t know what else to do with it besides eat it with Tostitos? This is a great way to use that leftover salsa in your breakfast! This is my take on the Mexican taco- omelette style! Did I mention its fast, easy and healthy? Yup! So all you working individuals and early-morning class goers, this is the omelette for you!
- 3 Jumbo eggwhites (you can use whole eggs, I just like to save fat, calories and cholesterol by eliminating the yolk)
- 2 tbsp salsa (preferably hot and spicy!)
- 1 slice fatfree/2% fat American cheese
- salt- pinch
- coarse black pepper
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- PAM cooking spray
Tools: Small Non-stick skillet
1. Spray skillet with PAM and set on medium low heat. Separate the eggwhites in a bowl, add salt, pepper, and cilantro. Mix until combined. Pour into hot skillet and cook on med-low heat until bubbling. Flip over and cook the other side. On one side of the omelette, add the slice of cheese and fold over the other side to make a taco shape. Cook until cheese is melted. Transfer to a plate, top with salsa, garnish with cilantro and DIG IN!