I eat breakfast every morning. Without it, I feel lethargic and extremely hungry later on in the day. Breakfast is the most important meal, and while I love a hearty breakfast, I like to keep it healthy.
People generally relate eggs to high cholesterol, grease and fat. However, it is my mission to put an end to this! Give eggs some credit! I like to make egg and cheese on a roll- you can eat it at home or even on the go- and veggie friendly!
- 3-4 Jumbo Eggwhites– here’s where I cut out all the fat. 1 jumbo eggwhite has approximately 17-21 calories and 0f fat and cholesterol.
- 1-2 slices of 2%/fatfree American cheese– about 50 calories, 2.5 grams of fat for 2%
- 1 Portuguese or Kaiser roll– sliced in half and toasted
- cayenne pepper– our mornings can use a little kick!
- Spray a small non-stick skillet with PAM, and put on medium heat. Add the eggwhites to the pan. Sprinkle freshly cracked pepper, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Flip once the eggs have stopped bubbling and cook the other side. Add a slice of cheese to one half and flip the other half over to create a taco shape. Place the other slice of cheese on top.
- Place the eggs in toasted roll, press together and slice with a bread knife.