I haven’t really shared any recipe for salad with you, or what I like to refer to as ‘rabbit food,’ but I actually really like a good salad. If a salad is prepared properly and has the right combination of ingredients with the right amount of dressing, it can be really fulfilling. And that is what I’ve made recently. My parents have an obsession with salads that include apple and/or pears so I made just that for them, of course with a little chefPriyanka twist (YUM!).
Crisp baby arugula combined with juicy sweet pears and tangy Danish blue cheese makes for an extremely yummy salad- great for an appetizer, side dish or lunch.
Just a warning again about my savory cooking- I really don’t measure, so all most of these measurements are approximations
Asian Pear-Blue Cheese Arugula Salad:
- 1 box baby arugula
- 1-2 asian pears sliced (I like a lot of pears, but you can keep it at 1 pear if you’d like)
- 1/4 cup glazed walnuts (store bought or homemade)
- 1/4 cup crumbled Danish Blue Cheese (or any blue cheese)
- Roasted Garlic Honey Vinaigrette (recipe below)
Roasted Garlic Honey Vinaigrette:
- 1 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard (I used Grey Poupon)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 clove roasted garlic- smashed
- 1/2 tsp fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup GOOD extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp red crushed pepper (or to taste)
- coarse black pepper
1. Whisk together the mustard, honey, garlic, oregano, vinegar and red crushed pepper. While slowly whisking the mustard mixture, drizzle in the olive oil to create a light yellow emulsion. Add some salt and pepper. Taste- it should taste tangy & sweet with a hint of spice and garlic.
Like your Greens? Try these!