I promised you a recipe for making your very own Pav Bhaji masala so here it is! Most of these ingredients can be found in a regular super market or wholesale store (i.e. BJs, Costco), or you can have them delivered by FreshDirect! You can change the measurements to suit your needs. However, you can make a lot and store it in an air tight container. Yum.
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1 tsp dry mango powder (optional)
- tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp clove (its very strong so don’t put too much!)
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp dry ginger
- 1/2 star anise powder
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- 1 tsp cardamom
- salt- to taste (shouldn’t be too salty)
1. If starting with whole spices, toast them lightly and grind in a coffee grinder.
2. Combine all spices together and store in an air tight container.
Makes enough for about 1 pav bhaji dish