I think the name of this sweet says it all. Its basically the most amazing ingredients on the planet altogether in 1 little dessert- a chocolate peanut butter truffle. If you’re vegan, just use raw/vegan nutella or negate it altogether. This sweet basically tastes like a homemade Reese’s Cup– one of my favorite chocolates. The texture is smooth and buttery and just melts in your mouth. And the size is perfect, since these babies are a bit on the sweet side, just a small truffle is perfect to end your meal or day with. This is NOT exactly one of my healthy recipes, so don’t badger me about this not going with the theme of my blog (healthy vegetarian). Sometimes its OK to indulge people, but always in moderationKatie Lee Home
- 1/2 cup vegan margarine (I used Earthbalance brand)
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter (I used Smucker’s Brand)
- 1 3/4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 bars of bittersweet dark chocolate (I used Ghiradelli 70% Cacao)
- 1/4 cup (a little less) Nutella/vegan Nutella
- 1-2 sheets of parchment paper
1. In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the vegan margarine and peanut butter together. Using a spatula, stir constantly until smooth and creamy and add vanilla extract. Meanwhile, sift the powder sugar into a bowl. Once the peanut butter mixture is melted and smooth, remove from the heat and stir in the sifted sugar using the spatula. Stir vigorously until well combined and forms into a thick dough.
2. While the dough is still warm, take about 1 tbsp amount of dough in your hand and gently roll into a truffle-sized ball. Lay down on the parchment paper to set. Repeat with the remaining dough. Should make about 24 balls. Place balls into the fridge to cool and set for about 15 minutes.
3. In the same medium saucepan over medium-low heat, break up the dark chocolate bars and melt- stir continuously with the spatula. Add the nutella stir vigorously until smooth, shiny and melted. Remove from the heat and cool before dipping the truffles.
4. Take out the truffles from the fridge and dip the tops into the chocolate- generously coat and lay back on parchment paper to dry. Once I dipped all the truffles, I used the remaining chocolate to drizzle on top of the truffles. Let dry and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.
Makes about 24 Truffles
Like Dessert? Like Vegan?